In today’s digital age, reputation or word of mouth alone is not enough to get new clients. It is now important for every lawyer to have a good internet presence. The main reason is that today, people always go online when searching for something they need or something that interest them. The legal service market is no different and is especially competitive, mainly because of the number of lawyers and everyone offers more or less the same type of service. That makes it difficult for people online to choose which lawyer or law firm is the best for them.
Here are some interesting facts about the importance of the internet:
- 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Google (+ Google Images) currently holds 94%of the total search engine market share, followed by Bing, Yahoo!, Baidu, and YANDEX
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines.
- 66% of people perform some type of online research before making a purchase online.
- 86% of people ignore paid banner ads, choosing to only click on organic search results.
- Conversion rates fall by 42%for every extra second that it takes your website to load.
- 28% of local searches result in a purchase within 24 hours.
- 79% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations.
- 53% of mobile website visitors will leave your site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- Search engine optimization is essential to your business’ success.
- If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, it is probably time for a new website.
- If your website is slow, it is time to speed it up.
- Every local business needs to have a website that is optimized for local search results.
For more information about the importance of the internet and websites for lawyers, visit: https://www.clio.com/resources/digital-marketing-lawyers/lawyer-websites/
Also have a look at our article “11 reasons for having a virtual law firm” at https://buenosabogados.es/11-reasons-for-having-a-virtual-law-firm/