Spanish Golden Visas, officially known as the Spain Investor visa, is a residence permit issued to non-EU citizens who make a significant investment in Spain.
The Spanish Golden Visa programme allows different types of investments:
- Invest a minimum of 500.000 € in Spanish Real Estate (mortgage free).
- Invest 2 million € in Spanish public debts.
- Invest 1 million € in Spanish companies (shares).
- Deposit 1 million € in a Spanish bank account.
- Start a business project in Spain of general interest, which creates employment, contributes to technological and/or scientific innovation or has a socio-economic impact on the local area.
The main aim of the Golden Visa programme is to promote the economy in Spain and to support the creation of new jobs, and of course the entry of new talent, because this visa makes it easier for an investor to gain a residence permit through an investment.
The Golden Visa also allows you to obtain permits for your spouse or person in an analogous relationship, as well as for minors under 18 years of age who are dependants.
The Golden Visa in Spain does not oblige you to pay any taxes, it depends on the total time of residence in the country. If this is more than 183 days per year, then you are obliged to declare your total income.
The Golden Visa also offers the opportunity to travel and move freely around Spain and other countries of the European Union without a visa (free movement in the area called “Schengen”) and the option for the holder to maintain their legal tax regime outside of Spain.
For more information on Golden Visas or Investor Visas, please visit: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/eu-golden-visas/spain-golden-visa/
For more information on other ways to get Spanish citizenship, visit: https://buenosabogados.es/7-ways-to-get-spanish-citizenship/